Thank you AutumnWoodsWrites for nominating me for my first blogger award. It was a huge surprise and really means a lot to me. This has definitely inspired me to continue to blog. I am very grateful to God to know that FREE is being a blessing to others. Special thanks to every FREE contributing author for their work and dedication.
The Blogger Recognition Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers.
How I Started Blogging?
I started blogging earlier this year as an act of obedience. For years, I desired a career change and I have always loved to write. However, I was unable to do so because of the demands of my job. So, I decided to walk away from my job after 17 years to give myself to what I felt the Lord had placed in my heart to do. There were several things I was instructed to do and one of them required that I set up a website which gave birth to my blog, FREE. I started by posting some of my older writings but quickly began to write frequently. My posts include poetry, prayers, meditations, and just personal thoughts or revelations the Lord has placed in my heart to share. Since, it has become quite therapeutic and insightful for me. Blogging has also helped me continue to grow spiritually because it challenges me to process my life in a way that fosters change. FREE has become a place of community for other writers, readers, and artists. I have been extremely blessed by the people I have met through FREE and those who have been contributing authors for my blog.
My Advice to Bloggers
- Write from the Heart I have never been one to do anything for publicity or popularity. I believe we are at our best when we are our authentic selves. God uses us most when we operate from a place of truth. Write what inspires you. Write about what you’ve have learned and your challenges. If it has helped you, it will definitely help someone else.
- Give Yourself to It Writing requires development just like any other skill. Take the time to record your thoughts and notes throughout the day of what you’d like to write about. Be open to learning as much as you can to improve yourself as a blogger and build your blog. If you are faithful to it, God will bless it.
I pray that the Lord will bless each blogger to be able to share their hearts and reach others.
I would like to nominate:
- A Meal in Mind
- Becca Wierwille
- Oma Darling
- The Godly Chic Diaries
- One Exceptional Life
- Imago Dei
- Fearless Living by Linda Knight
- Jeanne Takenaka
- Hope Rising
- Uncompromising Faith
- Entrusted Hope Ministries
- Comfy Life Comfy Wife
- Michala White- Beauty by Grace
- The Re-Education of Lashonda
Rules for Nominees
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show off your award. You’ve all earned it!
- Give a brief story of how you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers that you want to receive this award. Make sure to comment on each blog to let them know they have received the award and provide a link to your post about the award.